AEPC is registered under section 25 of the Companies' Act 1956 and has two categories of Members: Member Exporter and Registered Exporter.
Any applicant, firm or society and/or Statutory Organization who is an exporter of garments whether manufacturer exporter or merchant exporter in the export and aims and objective of the council shall be eligible to be registered as a Registered Exporter of the Council.
As per provisions of Articles of Association of the Council any person who is an exporter of garments whether manufacturer or merchant exporter or otherwise interested in the actual export of garments shall be eligible to become Member, provided, such person, otherwise, comply with other requirements in terms of the Act, the Articles and the bye-laws and / or regulations.
Accordingly the Executive Committee of the Council has made the following criteria for registration/conversion as a Member Exporter:
- The Applicant is a registered firm/company or in case of individual for sole proprietor firm, he/she is more than 21 years of age on the date of application for membership.
- The applicant or any partner/director/karta of the firm/company has not been adjudicated insolvent by a competent Court of Law.
- The applicant or any partner/director/karta of the firm/company has not been convicted of an offence involving misconduct or moral turpitude.
- The aggregate export performance of garments of the firm/company is more than Rs. 1 crore during previous three financial years.
Accordingly applicant who fulfil the above criteria may apply to the Council for conversion from Registered Exporter to Member Exporter along with following documents.
- Exporter's turnover of readymade garments during the previous three Financial year duly certified by a Chartered Accountant or from banker.
- Performa of application from duly filled in all respect(may be downloaded from Council's website i.e.www.aepcindia.com
- Demand Draft/Pay Order/Cheque of Rs.8000/- + 14.5% service tax (Total Rs. 9160/-)as annual subscription as a registered exporter . A separate Demand Draft/Pay Order/Cheque - (Rs.1000/-+ 500/- difference amount +Service Tax @ rate of 14.5% as entrance fees as Member Exporter (Total Rs.1718/-).
- Original Registration cum Membership Certificate of Registered Exporter.
The application for Conversion from Registered Exporter to Member Exporter along with the above documents may be submitted either at Registered Office/Head Office of the Council or at concerned branches of the Council.
Apart from and without prejudice to any other rights and privileges conferred on members, either by the Memorandum of Association or by the Articles of Association of the Council or by the Act, the Members shall have the following rights and privileges:
The right to receive a copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Council within seven days of written request on payment of the sum of Rupees One for each copy.
The right to receive the notice of General Meeting of the Council.
The right to receive the Annual Accounts and reports of the Council.
The right to receive the publications of the Council on the terms and conditions fixed by the Committee.
The right to use all such facilities as may be made available from time to time on the conditions laid down by the Committee.