• The Skill Assessment Cell is head quartered at Apparel House, Gurgaon.
• Regional Offices at Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata.
AEPC (Skill Assessment Cell) mission is to impact the skill assessment initiatives in Apparel / Garment, Textiles, Khadi and Carpet sectors to create employment generation, economic growth and social development processes.
We at AEPC are aspired to establish a Skill Assessment which would on a continuous basis evaluate and monitor a quality of Skill Assessment Services to Make Individual and organizations More productive while practicing the value of:
• Competent Assessors
To test and certified the competency of the persons those seeking certification of their Skill acquired in formally or the persons who have been trained at the registered Vocational Training Provider (VTP’s) / Implementing Agency (IA’s).
• Under Skill Development Initiative (SDI) Scheme of Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGE&T), AEPC is one of the assessment body to conduct assessment under Modular Employable Scheme (MES) courses for Apparel/Garment, Khadi & Carpet w.e.f June 2009.
• Ministry of Textiles (MoT), Government of India (GoI) has authorized AEPC as Independent Agency for Assessment for Apparel/Textile Sectors for the modules other than MES i.e. Non-MES under the Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS) w.e.f July 2013 and AEPC undertook the assessments under the said arrangement till October’2015.
• In 2015, the Government of India, Ministry of Textiles has nominated the Textiles Committee as Resource Support Agency (RSA) under the Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS) of Government of India for providing resources in Textiles and Clothing (T&C) sector with the main focus to make a non-worker into a worker and RSA has empanelled AEPC as one of the Assessment Agency in September’2015 to conduct the assessments under the said scheme.
• From March’2016, AEPC has also attained empanelment with the Sector Skill Council for Apparel, Made-ups and Home Furnishings (SSC-AMH) to have increased reach and better business prospects. Under this Scheme, AEPC Skill Assessment Cell has the opportunity to work under the prestigious Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY).
Strengths of AEPC Skill Assessment Cell:-
• Experience of conducting assessments since 2009 for Apparel/Garment and Textile sectors.
• A well-known assessment agency with Pan-India reach with its Offices at Delhi (NCR), Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, and Kolkata.
• Adaptable to new schemes and procedures.