Notice inviting E-Tender on Seminar on “Awareness of Lean Management in the Indian garment manufacturing industry” Scheduled in the month of January / February, 2017
Last date & time for submission of Sealed Quotations: 21.12.2016 Up to 3:00 PM
Date &Time for opening the Sealed Financial Quotations: shall be intimated separately
The Tender Document, complete in all respects, to send on or before the due date at the following e-mail address only:
1. EVENT BACKGROUND
Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC), is a nonprofit making body of Indian apparel exporters and it provides assistance to Indian Garment Exporters and importers / international buyers to facilitate apparel trade /export from India to other parts of the world. AEPC currently has over 9000 member exporters.
In order to create awareness among Indian garment exporters.
As a part of its export promotion program for the F.Y. 2016-17, AEPC shall be organizing Lean Management seminars during January/February , 2017 as per the details given below:-
|Seminars at Gurgaon, Mumbai & Bangalore / India|
|January / February, 2017|
(Any other seminar station can be added or deleted with mutual consent)
Approx. 40 garment manufacture exporters/or Accessories exporters shall participate to follow lean practices while manufacturing collection for Men’s , Women’s , Children ,Denim & Knit wear along with fashion accessories (scarves, stoles, shawls etc.). The actual number of participants depending upon industry’s response, AEPC is looking for reputed agencies who can handle above mentioned 3 seminars on Lean Management for apparel manufacturers. The duration of the seminar can be two hours at each place and one hour can be given for interaction.
About Indian Apparel Industry
India is the second largest manufacturer of garments after China being the global leader in garment production. Abundant availability of raw materials such as cotton, wool, silk and jute as well as skilled workforce have made the country a sourcing hub. The potential size of the Indian textiles and apparel industry is expected to reach US$ 223 billion by 2021.
Kay lean manufacturing principles ,
- Elimination of Waste (known as MUDA) :-Tools and Methodologies that aims for the continuous elimination of all wastes in the production process
- Basic types of waste in manufacturing
- Determination of reduction or elimination of non value added work
- Continuous Improvement in lean manufacturing
- Steps required to implement the Lean manufacturing like -Identifying the fact that there are wastes to be removed, -Aanalyzing the wastes and finding the root causes for these wastes, -Finding the solution for these root causes
- Application of these solutions and achieving the objective
- Use of lean production to increase productivity- by reducing the idle time of workers
- Improve product quality and manufacturing cycle time
- Reduce inventory
- Reduce Lead time
- Lean production philosophy concepts like:-
- 5’s OEE
- Just in Time (JIT) etc.
- Case studies to showcase achievement of the same output with less input- less time, less space less human effort, less machinery, less material, less cost by showcasing through PPT.
- Lean manufacturing and the problems associated with poor production scheduling and line balancing
- Quality control Tools involved in lean manufacturing process:-
- Pareto chart - Fish
- Born Diagram -Histogram -Control
- chart Scatter
- 5 S System:-
- These 5 tools are utilized for workplace standardization
- Seri (sort)
- Seiton (Straighten)
- Seiso (Shine)
- Seiketsu (standardize)
- Shitsuke (Sustain)
- Any other relevant area to be covered with regard to lean management
“Create Awareness on Lean Management among Indian garment manufacturers”
Effective training and seminars by the industry specialists will help in understanding the intricacies of each tool with respect to the garment industry. In the near future, the awareness level of Lean in the garment industry might increase with the support of lean management seminars / workshops.
3. PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS
AEPC invites E- quotations from reputed agencies having proven competence to help “Lean Management” seminars focus on apparel export industry.
AEPC proposes to select a consultant’s agency which can handle the following jobs with regard to organization of Lean Management seminars in India (3 Cities)
- To plan and help organizing Lean seminars by bringing reputed speaker ,who are known among industry reports.
- No. of speaker - One (of RMG Industry expert)
- Seminar duration - Half day seminar
- Development of seminar contents
- Matter for participants hand out / pamphlet etc.
- EMD: The bids should be accompanied with a pay order / Bank draft / RTGS of Rs, 5000/-(refundable) after completion of seminars) should be drawn in favor of Apparel Export Promotion Council.
Note: each paper of the quotation must be signed & stamped by the bidder and should be on letterhead of the company.
4. DISCLAIMER :-
This tender is being issued by the AEPC for inviting bids for““Seminar on “Awareness of Lean Management in the Indian garment manufacturing industry” scheduled to be held during January / February, 2017.
The words 'Tender' and 'RFP' are used interchangeably to refer this document. The purpose of this document is to provide the Bidder with information to assist in the formulation of their proposal. The information is not intended to be exhaustive. Interested parties are required to make their own inquiries. AEPC reserves the right not to proceed with the project, to alter the time table reflected in this document or to change the process or procedure to be applied. It also reserves the right to decline to discuss the project further with any party submitting a bid. No reimbursement of any cost will be paid to persons, entities submitting a Bid.
Notice inviting E-Tender on Seminar on “Awareness of Lean Management in the Indian garment manufacturing industry” Scheduled in the month of January / February, 2017.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF BIDS/APPLICATIONS:-
- 1 AEPC invites bidders to submit their technical and financial offer to participate as Vendor with the conditions and manner prescribed in this Request for Proposal (RFP) document.
- 2 Bidder agencies are advised to study this RFP document carefully before submitting their proposals in response to the RFP Notice. Submission of a proposal in response to this notice shall be deemed to have been done after careful study and examination of this document with full understanding of its terms, conditions and implications.
- 1 Important dates and information
|1||RFP release date on AEPC Website||07.12.2016|
|2||Last date (deadline) for submission of bids||21.12.2016 (Latest by 3 PM)|
|3||Place, time and date of opening of financial proposals received in response to the RFP notice.||Will be opened by E-Tender Committee of AEPC|
|4||Bid validity period||30 days|
|5||Contact person for queries||Ms. Sneh Lata Sharma, Jt. Director|
|6||E-mail addressee where proposal in response to RFP notice is to be email@example.com|
2.2 For any communications / clarification related to this RFP , please contact:-
Mrs. Sneh Lata Sharma, Joint Director (F&E)
AEPC, Apparel House, Sector-44, Institutional Area, Gurgaon-122003.
Contact no. 0124-2708150, Mb.:9899993817
6. TERMS & CONDITIONS/ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-
Basic Qualifications of The Bidders
- The bidder should have experience of handling similar Lean Management Seminars preferably for Indian Apparels/ Textiles.
- The bidder should have minimum experience of handling at least 4 seminars during last three years.
- The bidder must known nationally/ internationally for its services & good connection with active apparel & apparel accessories manufacturers in India.
Time – Frame and Deliverables
The duration for the work would be a week from the date of placement of the work-order. The selected agency would be required to submit a detailed report after the completion of the seminar but within 5 days after completion of the seminars.
The release of payment shall be linked with the completion of seminars. AEPC also has the right to ask the report from agency whenever required.
Payment Schedule: After finalization of L1 bidder, the following will be the payment schedule to be followed:
|Stage||Particulars||Release of payment|
|1||On signing of agreement||-|
|2||After completion of seminars in 3 cities||90%|
|3||After submitting the final report.||10%|
AEPC will incur expenses on following (i.e. Over & above agency fee charged from AEPC as per Annex 2 ).
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Confidentiality of any data and information provided by AEPC and other agencies to the Agency should be maintained.
- The participant’s data will be the sole property of the AEPC; any portion or part of the data should not be produced / published or sold to others.
- All disputes/interpretation and other matters if any, concerning this agreement in any manner whatsoever shall be subject to final decision of the AEPC.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This agreement shall be governed by the laws in India and shall be subject to New Delhi jurisdiction
7. PENALTY CLAUSE:-
Penalty: AEPC shall have the right to impose penalty on the selected agency if the turnout of consultant found not satisfactory by AEPC officials / participants (through feedback forms) . The penalty amount shall be decided by Chairman –(EP) AEPC
- All bills must be submitted in original to AEPC Gurgaon Office. The agency will forward original bills in favor of AEPC.
- TDS shall be deducted from the bill as per rules.
- In case of any dispute, decision of Chairman – EP (AEPC) shall be final and binding.
- The losses to the AEPC, if any which are directly attributable to the agency shall be deducted from the bills.
- In case of any dispute or difference arising in relation to meaning or interpretation of the agreement, Chairman, AEPC would be the final arbitrator. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on both the parties.
RIGHTS OF AEPC
(i) AEPC reserves the right to accept / reject the offers received, or call for any additional information /clarification, or modify / cancel the bidding process, if so required, without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
AEPC reserves the right to cancel/terminate the agreement any time without assigning any
The failure to fulfill any of its obligations hereunder shall not be considered to be a breach of, or default insofar as such inability arises from an event of Force Majeure. For the purpose of this RFP “Force Majeure” means an event which is beyond the reasonable control of the AEPC and is not foreseeable.
Note :- Refer PDF for Complete details & Form